The holidays at Horseshoe Cove RV Resort are a cozy time of enjoying the pleasures of the season with fellow residents. A lights tour, golf cart parade and Christmas dinner are some of the events in December’s social calendar.
Don’t miss any of the fun times below:
- Friday, December 8 – The Music Department will present a Holiday Cantata at 7:30 p.m., which will include all your Christmas favorites. Enchanting chimes music will follow.
- Sunday, December 10 -- Book club members will meet in the multipurpose room at 2 p.m. to discuss The Boys on the Boat by Daniel James Brown.
- Tuesday, December 12 – Meet in the clubhouse at 7 p.m. for movie night. TBA
- Friday, December 15 – Secret Vines will present a Wine Tasting event at 6 p.m. in the clubhouse. Cheese and crackers are included in the $2.00 cover charge.
- Sunday, December 15 -- Meet at the clubhouse to arrange transportation to Sarasota for the Holiday Tour of Lights. The trolley will depart at 6:30 p.m.
- Monday, December 18 – Line up at 5 p.m. in front of the clubhouse for the famous Horseshoe Cove Christmas Golf Cart Parade, which will begin at 6 p.m. Over 70 decorated carts will cruise the park, and the Holiday Christmas Party for all residents will follow in the clubhouse.
- Wednesday, December 20 -- The Christmas Golf Cart Parade will hit the road at 6 p.m. and take the event to Pleasant Lake RV Resort.
- Friday, December 22 -- With a full police escort, the Christmas Golf Cart Parade will travel down State Hwy 70 to Windmill Manor, West Winds and Haborage RV Parks. At approximately 7:30 p.m., the participants in the parade are invited back to the clubhouse for music and refreshments.
- Sunday, December 24 -- The Music Department will hold a candlelight service at 6 p.m. in the clubhouse.
- Monday, December 25 -- Christmas Dinner, which is open to all park residents, will be held at 2 p.m. in the clubhouse. Ham, coffee, and iced tea will be provided; and please bring your favorite Christmas dish to pass.
- Friday, December 29 – At "Have a Beer with Betty," – we’ll celebrate the life of Betty Mercer who passed away in November. It will be held from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. in the clubhouse.
Unusual amenities at our RV park in Bradenton, FL include a lighted fishing pier, nature trails and a private island location. Residents can also engage in onsite games, such as bingo, shuffleboard and pentanque, in addition to visiting local attractions like the Mixon Fruit Farms and Ringling Museum.